If your pet shows any of these signs please call the clinic at 985-302-5362 for an appointment immediately. If your pet is having an emergency after hours Med Vet Mandeville is available at 985-626-4862
- Your pet has been experienced some kind of trauma, such as being hit by a car or a blunt object or falling more than a few feet.
- Your pet isn’t breathing or you can’t feel a heartbeat.
- Your pet is unconscious and won’t wake up.
- Your pet has been vomiting or has had diarrhea for more than 24 hours, or he/she is vomiting blood.
- You suspect any broken bones.
- Your pet is having trouble breathing or has something stuck in her throat.
- Your pet has had or is having a seizure.
- Your pet is bleeding from the eyes, nose, or mouth, or there is blood in her urine or feces.
- You think your pet might have ingested something toxic, such as antifreeze, rat poison, any kind of medication that wasn’t prescribed to them, or household cleansers.
- Your pet, particularly your male cat, is straining to urinate or is unable to.
- Your pet shows signs of extreme pain, such as whining, shaking, and refusing to socialize.
- Your pet collapses or suddenly can’t stand up.
- Your pet begins bumping into things or suddenly becomes disoriented.
- You can see irritation or injury to your pet’s eyes, or he/she suddenly seems to become blind.
- Your pet’s abdomen is swollen and hard to the touch, and/or he/she’s gagging and trying to vomit.
- You see symptoms of heatstroke.
- Your pregnant dog or cat has gone more than three to four hours between delivering puppies or kittens
If your pet is experiencing an emergency after hours please contact MedVet Mandeville 985-626-4862