If your pet shows any of these signs please call the clinic at 985-302-5362 for an appointment immediately.
- Your pet has been experienced some kind of trauma, such as being hit by a car or a blunt object or falling more than a few feet.
- Your pet isn’t breathing or you can’t feel a heartbeat.
- Your pet is unconscious and won’t wake up.
- Your pet has been vomiting or has had diarrhea for more than 24 hours, or she is vomiting blood.
- You suspect any broken bones.
- Your pet is having trouble breathing or has something stuck in her throat.
- Your pet has had or is having a seizure.
- Your pet is bleeding from the eyes, nose, or mouth, or there is blood in her urine or feces.
- You think your pet might have ingested something toxic, such as antifreeze, rat poison, any kind of medication that wasn’t prescribed to her, or household cleansers.
- Your pet, particularly your male cat, is straining to urinate, or is unable to.
- Your pet shows signs of extreme pain, such as whining, shaking, and refusing to socialize.
- Your pet collapses or suddenly can’t stand up.
- Your pet begins bumping into things or suddenly becomes disoriented.
- You can see irritation or injury to your pet’s eyes, or she suddenly seems to become blind.
- Your pet’s abdomen is swollen and hard to the touch, and/or she’s gagging and trying to vomit.
- You see symptoms of heatstroke.
- Your pregnant dog or cat has gone more than three to four hours between delivering puppies or kittens
For after hours emergencies, please call MedVet at (985) 626-4862.
Three Rivers Animal Hospital:
19412 Harrison Ave
Covington, LA 70433
Hours of Operation: